Edinburgh Napier University launches free breakfast scheme for students

All students can get a free breakfast roll and hot drink every weekday

Edinburgh Napier University has launched a scheme allowing all its students to access free breakfast on campus amid the cost of living crisis.

As of Monday 17 October, students at the university can access a free breakfast roll and a hot drink on weekdays between 8:30 and 10:30 am in the uni cafes.

Students simply need to present their university card to get the offer.

As students are forced to pay more for food amid high inflation, the university said: “We understand the impact that the rising cost of living has on our students, and as a University, we want to do all we can to support you.”

The scheme will apply to students studying at any of the uni’s three campuses at Merchiston, Craiglockhart and Sighthill.

The university – one of six in the Scottish capital – has also pledged to support students who are having a particularly hard time as inflation rates and costs continue to rise.

“Remember, if you’re struggling with money worries, the Student Funding team are here to help and advise you of the best ways to make the most of your money and manage your outgoings. Visit our Money pages for more information”, a spokesperson said.

The announcement from the uni follows decisions by many companies across the country to bring in new measures for those struggling to make ends meet, such as Asda’s £1 hot meal and drink offer for over-60s in its supermarket cafes.

More help from various sectors is expected as we head into winter, however, government assistance remains uncertain as the Conservative Party selects its third prime minister this year.

Featured: image: Overlay via YouTube

———————————————————————————————————————-

Recommended related articles by this writer:

• Everything you need to know about the environmental protests happening in Edinburgh

‘Stop this right now’: Pro-life speaker at Edinburgh University interrupted by students

The ultimate Fresher’s guide to all the neighbourhoods of Edinburgh