All the rumours are true, and make sure to save the date, Edi Goes Dating is returning!

It’s coming back bigger and better than ever

The much-imitated but never replicated magic of Edi Goes Dating returns! If you don’t want to face the bombardment of questions from relatives about your relationship status or can’t stand the thought of going to the Christmas markets alone this winter, sign up below.

And for all of you thinking but what is this Edi Goes Dating deal here are some answers to your questions!

So who can take part?

Edinburgh’s funniest, most outgoing singles- maybe you!

What do you have to do?

You’ll first fill out our highly scientific questionnaire to tell us a bit about yourself. We’ll pair you with someone we think you’ll like based on your responses. We’ll then message you both individually (check your Facebook DMs) to get things started and find out when you’re free.

After that, you’ll have a one-hour-long date with the person of our choosing. We’ll interview you on camera before and after, and *possibly* record the first ten minutes of your date- but don’t worry, we’ll let you do most of the awkward small talk off-camera.

When will it happen?

The last week of October/ first week of November.

And where will this date be taking place?

A bar.

If this sounds like the answer to your problems, you’re sick of dating apps, or just want to do a funny BeReal, fill out this form and we’ll be in touch!

Edinburgh Goes Dating accepts and encourages applicants from all backgrounds, genders, and sexualities. 

Participants must be university students, from any university in Edinburgh.

Please note that in order to participate in Edinburgh Goes Dating you must be comfortable having your name, a photo of yourself and your post-date feedback published on The Edinburgh Tab. Sadly there are no exceptions to this condition.

Recommended related articles by this writer:

• Edinburgh University students living in converted common rooms due to housing shortage

• Edi Youth Resistance reclaims Gordon Aikman theatre to ‘build communities of resistance’

• I watched ‘Don’t Worry Darling’ so you don’t have to – here’s what it’s really like