Pollock Halls is turning into a walk-in vaccination clinic

The clinic will be open from September 13 onwards and you don’t need to book

As part of Edinburgh University’s push to encourage all students and staff to receive both doses of the Covid vaccine before the semester starts, the university is turning Pollock Halls into a vaccination clinic.

The Pollock Halls vaccination clinic will open on September 13, and will be open 7 days a week, from 13:00 – 18:00 daily.

As it’s a drop-in clinic, you don’t need an appointment or to be registered with a GP to get your vaccine. Just turn up.

The Scottish Government has confirmed that international students will be included in the national vaccination programme, so any students travelling from abroad will be able to get the vaccine in Edinburgh too.

Writing on its website, the university said: “It’s really important that you get the Covid-19 vaccine when offered it.

“The vaccines give you the best protection against Covid-19 and getting vaccinated is one of the best ways you can help stop the pandemic.

“We strongly encourage students to get fully vaccinated before they return to University for the start of the Semester.”

More information about getting the Covid vaccine if you’re an international student can be found here.

Recommended related articles by this writer

• Nicola Sturgeon promises students will be vaccinated by Welcome Week

The free King’s shuttle bus will return next academic year

• Edinburgh uni is paying cost of hotel quarantine for students from red list countries