An Edinburgh Uni student is taking part in The Great British Sewing Bee this year

Killing Eve’s ‘Villanelle’ is her style icon

An Edinburgh University student is taking part in this year’s series of The Great British Sewing Bee.

Serena Baker is a 21-year-old medical student from Glasgow who is currently in her fourth year and is the youngest out of 12 amateur sewers competing in the show’s seventh series.

Self-taught and passionate about sustainability, Serena learnt the basics of sewing as a teen from watching YouTube videos.

She now spends her time creating original designs, as well as “flipping” charity shop finds, giving them a fresh update and a new lease of life.

Serena Great British Sewing Bee

via @serenasews_ on Instagram

Serena’s Instagram is truly redefining Edi style, filled with photographs of her colourful, bold and mostly hand made wardrobe. Your puffer and flares could never.

She has also mentioned that Villanelle from ‘Killing Eve’ is her style icon, stating “she’s a bit androgynous and I’ve always been into wearing brogues and high waisted trousers.”

You can watch Serena on The Great British Sewing Bee on Wednesday April 14th at 9pm on BBC One.

Featured image credit: @serenasews_ on Instagram.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

The best for last?: The finale of Edi’s top student creatives to watch in 2021

Edinburgh University has launched a new online system for reporting sexual assault

Everything you need to know about Edinburgh Uni that the prospectus didn’t tell you