Edinburgh Uni is offering free regular Covid tests to all students

Students in Edi can book a free test twice a week

The University of Edinburgh is now offering free regular asymptomatic Covid tests to all students on campus, up to twice a week.

The tests are voluntary, but the Uni are strongly encouraging students to get regularly tested to help minimise the risk of the virus spreading. You can book yours here.

These tests are for asymptomatic students and students are reminded that if they do have Covid symptoms, they should self isolate and book a PCR test via the NHS.

Despite the free testing, the University is urging students not to go home during the Spring break, as following Scotland’s ‘stay local’ rule, this does not count as essential travel.

If you are intending to leave for essential travel, the Uni are encouraging students to book a test. They should also fill out this form to inform the University of their intended travel.

The University currently has two active cases among staff and students. Active cases are defined as those who have reported to the Uni that they have tested positive for Covid and are currently within their self-isolation period.

You can find more information on Scotland’s ‘stay local’ restrictions here. 

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• Edinburgh Uni students should expect at least some online teaching next year

• Edi Uni VP tells students to stay away from The Meadows and Portobello

• We asked Edi students for their weirdest lockdown purchases and they’re stranger than we thought