The best for last?: The finale of Edi’s top student creatives to watch in 2021

Enter the final fantastic four

The fourth and final round of Edi’s top student creatives to watch in 2021 is finally here.

Looking to celebrate the artistic talents of Edinburgh’s student population, The Edinburgh Tab is here with an exciting new series of articles, showcasing the creators that truly represent the best of the best and should definitely be on your radar in 2021. Before we begin, be sure to catch up on rounds one, two and three. 

Here are the talented creatives round four has to offer.

George Walker – 2nd Year, International Business

via @georgeiv_music on Instagram

What is your creative passion, skill or pursuit?

Music Producer/DJ

What inspired you to start doing this?

“Moving to the UK and experiencing just how good the dance music scene is here!”

Is there any particular message you want your work to communicate?

“Classic feel-good vibes that make people smile.”

Where do you see this going in the future?

“Signing to a big label and DJ-ing across the UK or world.”

Check out more of George’s work on his Instagram and his Spotify.

Laura Morrison – 4th Year, Philosophy

via @moodbored_lm on Instagram

Art/ Design

What inspired you to start doing this?

“I realised that everyone seems to dress in the same high street fashion, and everyone is beginning to look the same, so I decided the most creative and unique way to personalise the clothes you own was to paint them with a design that you can choose yourself. Since then the designs have got bigger and better.”

via @moodbored_lm on Instagram

“Sustainability! There’s no reason for people to have to buy new clothes for me to design on, I want to promote the fact you can create unique pieces out of your own wardrobe.”

“I would love to build a brand that people can recognise and be more adventurous and push myself with the designs I do.”

Check out more of Laura’s work on her Instagram and her Depop.

Jaden Haynes – 4th Year, History & Spanish

via @jadenlmhaynes on Instagram

Design

What inspired you to start doing this?

“Curiosity in the design/creative process then to be honest an addiction in designing. Now it’s more wanting to use design to spread messages and stories.”

via @minardmarket on Instagram

“Trying to communicate stories and histories which are unheard of, or misunderstood.”

“Would be cool to live off designing, maybe get a brick and mortar eventually…”

Check out more of Jaden’s work on his Instagram and his Website.

Calum Gundry – 4th Year, Film

via @yrdnugcalum on Instagram

Film Photography

What inspired you to start doing this?

“Film photography was more of a task to set myself the challenge for myself to learn how to light scenes more efficiently on a film set as a cinematographer, without being able to see the results in real time. I fell in love with the pace of the process of film photography and the thought that goes into each image.”

via @yrdnugcalum & @cagundry.film on Instagram

“I think we should stop and take in our surroundings more. Take a minute to pause and look at the small details that we would often look past. I also find it interesting communicating other people’s worlds and surroundings and showing how they express themselves and see the world in their own unique way.”

“I’m going to do a masters next year but after I have set out a long form project that I could see in either exhibition form or being published as a book. Whilst this may be a big project, I also want to find work in the camera department of a good production company.”

Check out more of Calum’s work on his Photography Instagram and his Filmmaking Instagram.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• Round one of Edi’s top student creatives to watch in 2021 is here

• Time for round two of Edi’s top student creatives to watch in 2021

Third time’s a charm: Round three of Edi’s top student creatives to watch in 2021