Vanessa Hudgens had an Edinburgh photoshoot and residents are mad about it

‘Why the f*ck is Vanessa Hudgens cutting about Scotland in the middle ae a pandemic??? GO HAME’

Vanessa Hudgens had a controversial Instagram photoshoot outside the Forth Bridge amidst national stay at home orders.

The movie star is staying in Edinburgh at the Balmoral Hotel to film the third instalment of the Netflix Princess Switch movies.

Hudgens posted a photo next to the Forth Bridge with the caption: “Hi, I’m vanessa and I love bridges and scrunchy socks. Lol.”

Edinburgh residents are upset at what they feel are double standards for themselves and a celebrity.

Via @vanessahudgens on Instagram

Hudgens has been filming primarily at Hopetoun House in South Queensferry, which is about 15 miles outside of central Edinburgh.

One person tweeted: “Can’t believe Vanessa Hudgens is allowed to cut about Scotland right now but I’m not allowed to go to Edinburgh to see my family through a window.”

Edinburgh is currently in level four lockdown and stay at home orders, which means residents are told not to leave their house except for essential purposes.

Residents are also not allowed to travel more than five miles outside of their home.

Via @vanessahudgens on Instagram

One tweet said: “Why the fuck is Vanessa Hudgens cutting about Scotland in the middle ae a pandemic??? GO HAME.”

TV series and films are allowed to continue production under current restrictions.

Some people have come to Hudgens’ defence. One tweet said: “@VanessaHudgens in Scotland for months for work following guidelines is allowed to get outside for exercise/fresh air.”

This isn’t the first time Vanessa Hudgens has been criticised for her pandemic behaviour.

At the start of the pandemic last March, Hudgens came under fire for posting a video to her Instagram where she said: “Even if everybody gets it, like yeah, people are going to die, which is terrible… but inevitable?”

She has since apologised for the video calling it “a huge wake up call.”

Cover image via @vanessahudgens on Instagram

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Vanessa Hudgens has been spotted filming in Edinburgh again

These two Edinburgh students have moved to a remote Scottish island for the semester

I scrolled back to the first post on celeb Instagrams and boy it was embarrassing