Edi Uni teaching will be online until the end of the semester

“There is not enough time to make a return to on-campus teaching for undergraduate students practical”

Edinburgh Uni have confirmed in an email that teaching will be online until the end of semester.

In an email from VP Colm, he confirms the University, “we have made the difficult decision that teaching and assessment for Undergraduate students will remain digital for the rest of the Semester, with a small number of exceptions.”

This decision is in line with further Scottish Government guidance, in which Nicola announced earlier in the week that some school pupils will return to school in late February.

Colm’s email read, “With Semester 2 teaching scheduled to end on 2nd April, this means there would only be a few weeks at most – a week or two at worst – between any possible return to campus and the end of Semester.  

“We have therefore concluded that there is not enough time to make a return to on-campus teaching for undergraduate students practical this Semester.”

For those staying in Edinburgh, University services will be open following Scottish government guidance, with more opening up whenever it is safe to do so.

Those now wishing to leave Edinburgh can follow guidance from the University on how to do so here.

More information can be found on the restrictions in Scotland can be found here.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

No counselling, no contact hours, and no safety net: Edinburgh Uni is failing its students

• Pints ban and takeaway restrictions: What the six new Scottish lockdown rules mean

• BREAKING: Edinburgh students will not get an academic safety net this year