Restaurants are open and no alcohol served: What to expect now that Edi is in Level 3

Most of the central belt is now in Level 3

Edinburgh has been placed into Level 3 restrictions now that Nicola Sturgeon’s new five level system has been put in place this morning, Monday 2nd November.

Level 3 means that restaurants, cafes and pubs are able to open until 6pm to serve food and drinks providing that no alcohol is served.

These places are open to groups of up to six people from two households. No alcohol can be served indoors or outdoors.

All leisure venues remain closed, including cinemas. No non-essential travel outside of Level 3 is allowed.

Indoor exercise is restricted to individual only, however gyms will remain open.

The City of Edinburgh has been placed into Level 3, however, government advisers have said “there are some signs in the data of progress in the east”. For now, Level 3 restrictions stay in place.

Glasgow, Stirling, Dundee and North and South Lanarkshire are amongst some of the other areas in Level 3 restrictions.

More information about the new five level system can be found here.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• Edinburgh could have a mass Covid vaccine rollout as early as next month

• Return of Scottish students after Christmas ‘could be staggered’ says Education Secretary

• Covid has brought out a new breed of library dickheads and I’m over it