Pubs and restaurants to remain shut for another week Nicola confirms

Until the new system begins on 2nd November

Nicola Sturgeon has announced that licensed pubs and restaurants will remain closed in the central belt for another week.

This is until the new suspected tiered system, similar to that of England’s, comes into place on 2nd November.

Cafes are still open until 6pm, but all hospitality venues remain closed for the following week.

These temporary restrictions were originally meant to be lifted on Sunday 25th October.

These specific restrictions only apply to the central belt of Scotland, which includes people living in Lothian, Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Lanarkshire, Forth Valley, and Ayrshire and Arran.

People living in Scotland are also recommended to avoid public transport where they can, and the rule still remains that you cannot meet inside another person’s household.

It is also advised to not leave the central belt of Scotland where possible and where travel is not necessary.

Up to date lockdown restriction measures can be found here.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• Major Scottish universities failed to reduce their halls capacity despite Covid risk

• I had to self-isolate in Edinburgh and this is a breakdown of what it was like

• ‘It’s ridiculous’: Edi students are still waiting on their promised £50 voucher from Uni