Edinburgh Uni reports 268 live COVID cases amongst staff and students

The Uni is continuing to follow Scottish government guidance

As of October 5th, Edinburgh University reported 268 live COVID cases amongst Edi staff and students.

These cases only include individuals who have reported a positive test to the University, and the University is asking students and staff to report positive tests and self-isolation.

Anyone who has tested positive and those who qualify as close contacts are being required by both the University and the Scottish government to self-isolate.

Close contacts include anyone who has been contacted by a member of NHS Test and Protect team or anyone who shares a household with someone who has tested positive or is showing COVID symptoms.

A statement on the University website says: “We continue to work with NHS Lothian’s Health Protection team to ensure that these students and staff, and those around them, are provided with the information and support they need.

“We have published detailed advice and support for students who are self-isolating.

“We are asking students to be vigilant regarding any Covid-19 symptoms and for all students to follow guidance as appropriate.

We are continuing to monitor the situation, keeping our students and staff informed as appropriate, and following all Scottish Government guidance.

We are providing care and support to those self-isolating both in University-owned and private accommodation.”

Students and staff can submit COVID related enquiries through this webform and can tell the University if they are self-isolating through this form.

Related articles recommended by this writer

Here’s how and where to get tested for COVID-19 in Edinburgh

‘We go days without food’: We spoke to freshers self-isolating in Edinburgh Uni halls

Muslim Edi fresher given ham sandwich as part of self isolation meal