Tennent’s are giving away FREE pints in Edinburgh pubs to celebrate the reopening

Time to crack open a cold one

Finally, some good news to adorn your screens. Tennent’s beer have pledged to give away thousands of free pints in Edinburgh when the pubs reopen.

In a new scheme called Dedicated to You, Tennent’s have decided to send a complimentary keg of Tennent’s to their partner pubs, and there’s a complimentary pint waiting for you. To claim your free pint, head to Tennent’s website, fill in your details and bam. Free beer voucher in your inbox. I can almost taste the pint.

Participating pubs include student favourites such as The Peartree, McSorley’s and The Three Sisters. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice… cold beer.

Here’s a map of the participating pubs

Not back in Edinburgh until September? Fear not my friends, vouchers can be claimed until 10th September. Let’s start freshers early.

This Dedicated to You initiative is to try to lift the spirits of those who have been separated from friends and family over lockdown.

Kenny Gray, Managing Director at Tennent’s, has said that “for the last 135 years, Tennent’s Lager has been dedicated to Scotland and proud to serve the freshest, quality pints to pubs and drinkers across the country.”

“What better way to welcome everyone back than by dedicating a pint of Tennent’s Lager or Tennent’s Light to Scotland.”

Tennent’s has always meant a lot to Edinburgh students, so I for one will drink to that. Cheers.

Related articles recommended by this writer

• These are all the different shots of Edinburgh in Netflix’s Eurovision film

• Every single person you will encounter at the pub on Super Saturday

• I shaved my head during quarantine and it was a total feminist power move