Image may contain: Nature, Outdoors, Postal Office, Building, Text

Breaking: The KB bus has been thrown a one year lifeline

Thank god for that

The University of Edinburgh have announced that they will continue to run the KB shuttle bus for one more year.

Two months ago, The Tab Edinburgh exclusively revealed that the University, with the support of former EUSA President Eleri Connick, had agreed to discontinue the free shuttle service, opting to provide students with discounted Lothian Buses 'ridacards' in its place.

The KB bus was meant to have ceased operations by now. However, negotiations between Edinburgh University and Lothian Buses have taken longer than expected, leaving too little time to guarantee that discounted ridacards will be ready for the new university year.

As such, Edinburgh University have decided to retain all existing transport arrangements, including the KB bus, until the end of the 2019/2020 academic year.

Kings' Building Shuttle Bus update:In May, the University announced their intention to change the transport options…

Posted by Andrew Pres Wilson on Friday, July 26, 2019

Over 450 Edinburgh students signed an open letter expressing disapproval over the bus's planned cancellation.

However, Edinburgh University remain committed to their new transport vision and the shuttle service is still planned to cease operating from the 2020/2021 academic year.

Commenting on this latest development, recently-instated EUSA President, Andrew Wilson, told The Tab Edinburgh: "We’re aware of the University’s delays to their proposed changes to the transport offer across their campuses and understand that delivering them won’t be possible in the original timeframe.

Image may contain: Bus, Undershirt, Clothing, Apparel, Vehicle, Transportation, Car, Automobile, Human, Person

"We’re speaking with the team working on this regularly to ensure that we’re kept up to date on the project and that, importantly, students from all non-central area campuses have input into the transport changes, which we now understand the University now plans to implement from the academic year 2020/2021."