Image may contain: Water, Town, Urban, City, Bus, Transportation, Vehicle, Nature, Wood, Outdoors, Housing, Hotel, Furniture, Chair, Building

Brand new pub with a rooftop terrace overlooking the castle set to open in March

Where better to bask in the Scottish ‘sun’?

A surprisingly mild couple of weeks featuring the rogue Scottish sunny day here and there has left Edinburgh with that "almost summer" vibe. The prospect of lighter nights, warmer weather, and not having to layer Schoffel after Schoffel under your Canada Goose becomes all the more enticing upon hearing that a swanky new hang-out spot in the centre of Old Town is also on its way.

The Cold Town House, a bar on the Grassmarket complete with roof terrace overlooking the castle, will be the new home of Edinburgh company Cold Town Beer. Beer will be brewed on site – a nod to Grassmarket's long history of breweries. Alongside beer and innovative cocktails, the brewery-slash-pub will boast an all-day food menu, featuring stone-baked authentic pizza made from beer-fermented dough. There will also be vegetarian and vegan options.

The £4 million refurbishment project which saw an old church being renovated into the new pub and brewery is almost complete, with launch parties scheduled to take place on the 6th and 7th March. Stand-out features of the three-storey venue include an open fire pit, ski gondolas to chill in on the roof terrace, a large screen for showing live sport, and a vintage Citroën van from which the drinks will be served.

The Cold Town House will be open from 9am till late every day of the week, and is certainly unlike anything Edinburgh has ever seen before. If it lives up to the hype, it is set to be the perfect new place for students to socialise and enjoy a well-deserved in-house brewed beer. Teviot who?

Image may contain: Tower, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Automobile, Asphalt, Tarmac, Metropolis, Road, Pedestrian, Architecture, Downtown, City, Urban, Building, Town, Human, Person

A five-minute walk away from Bristo Square, the Cold Town House is perfectly located for students

Featured image credits: Manon Metayer