Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai is visiting Edinburgh next spring

She’ll be speaking at an event organised by Social Bite

Hide Images

Malala Yousafzai, activist, student, and the youngest person ever to win a Nobel Peace Prize, will be visiting the capital next Spring to speak at an event organised by Social Bite, the social enterprise behind this year's charity event "Sleep in the Park". The event will be held on Wednesday 13th March 2019 at the EICC.

The evening will be centred around the theme of “How we can all make a difference”, and will feature Malala telling her inspiring story through facilitated conversation, a presentation on the work of Social Bite and its plans and progress so far in terms of tackling homelessness in Scotland, as well as after dinner entertainment. The evening will be hosted by an A-List comedian who is yet to be confirmed.

Malala, now 21, was shot by the Taliban when she was just 15, on her way home from school in her home country of Pakistan. She was flown to Birmingham to receive emergency treatment, and following her incredible recovery has continued campaigning for the right of everyone to receive education worldwide. She has been honoured around the world for her activism, and is currently a PPE student at the University of Oxford.

A group of the top fundraisers for this December's "Sleep in the Park", the charity event where thousands across Scotland spend the night sleeping outdoors to raise money for homelessness, will receive free tickets to the event, and the chance to meet Malala in person.

You can find out more about how to donate or take part in "Sleep in the Park" here.