A major power cut at Salisbury Court last night nearly sent freshers to hotels

Unite Students provided a midnight Domino’s feast tho

Salisbury Court, which is regarded as one of the UK's nicest halls of residence, experienced a power cut that lasted nearly five hours – from around 7:30pm to midnight.

While emergency lighting was provided, freshers were warned that this would only last for a few hours meaning that total darkness was imminent. A maintenance worker from Unite Students warned that if the power cut could not be fixed students would have to be moved into hotels for the night.

Image may contain: Furniture, Couch, Asleep, Person, People, Human

Eager freshers waiting on their pizza delivery

The night's MVP, known only to residents as 'George', issued an emergency email notifying residents that a mammoth pizza delivery would be sent to the common room at midnight – hero.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human, Pizza, Food

Celebrating the reemergence of electricity with a feast of 25 large pizzas

Despite being compensated with hundreds of pounds worth of pizza, frustrated students such as Izzy Reading could not be appeased "I bought a five – pound salmon I couldn't cook, I've got half shaved legs and no working straighteners – what's a girl to do?"

Neither could ATIK fan Emily Brierley who said: "I missed Friday ATIK to do an essay and then this happened – now I'm having withdrawal symptoms."

The Tab Edinburgh

last seen today at 11:39

Get breaking Edinburgh news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out who has made it into Clubbers of the Week, Teviot nachos news and all the goss from Pollock, straight to your DMs. 😘