We asked this year’s Edi freshers what’s the maddest thing they’ve done or seen on a night out at uni so far

DOWN IT FRESHAAA

Freshers, we take our hats off to you. You have well and truly started your uni years as you mean to go on if these stories are anything to go by.

Luke, First Year, History

"We were at a rugby social and halfway through it emerged that it was the birthdays of one of the guys. I think he ended up drinking five pints and fourteen Jägerbombs before even getting to the club. He's a big guy and when he got home he somehow managed to break his toilet in Chancellor's as well as getting quite a bad mark on the side of his face."

Sean, First Year, Economics

"My friend was on a pub crawl with his mates who had come up from home which ended in the Burke & Hare strip club. He doesn't know how but he ended up going to Atik with some guys he'd met from Napier and the next thing he remembered was waking up in a cupboard in Napier Halls, hitting his head on an ironing board. He has no idea how he got there."

Hannah, First Year, Vet Med

"I got blackout drunk early on and somehow ended up in Leith trying to get home. Some angel put me into a taxi and I woke up sharing a bed with a girl I don't know."

Harry, First Year, English Lit & History

"One of my friends woke up in a pile of their sick on their own bed. It was pretty grim."

Anna, First Year, English Lit

"Somebody on my floor had a bit too much to drink in Teviot and threw up into a bucket in a supply cupboard. They took the bucket back to our pantry and we now use it as a communal chunder bucket."

Ewan, First Year, Astrophysics

"On the last night of Freshers' Week, it was my pal's 18th and we had a great night. Now when I go out I always leave my bedroom light on so I can see my everything when I open the door and when I got back to Pollock at 5am my room was fine.

"I went to mate's room for a bit and when I returned, the door was locked even though I didn't lock it. I go in and the lights are off too.

"When I turned them on I could see the edge of someone's head on a pillow – someone was sleeping in my bed.

"I nudged them and she freaked out saying 'what the hell are you doing in my room?!'

"I quickly left, looked at the door number and thought 'nah that's definitely my room.' I was still steaming though so I thought I better check with my mate. We go back in and she's standing in the middle of the room with her head in her hands saying "oh no, what have I done?!"

"So it was my room after all."