Here’s everything Justin Trudeau just said in his honorary degree acceptance speech

Bae sweet-talked for a whole sixteen minutes

After receiving an honorary degree this morning from McEwan Hall, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau delivered a brilliant speech to this year’s graduates from the School of Social and Political Science.

Trudeau, who received the honorary degree for his “strong commitment to equality and diversity,” congratulated the graduates on completing their degrees, alluded to his Scottish heritage and gave some motivational advice to everyone present.

After telling an amusing anecdote about his Scottish great-grandfather where Trudeau unleashed his Scottish accent, the Canadian Prime Minister told the audience to “do the small things in a big way.”

He said this could be done by people making sure they do things like donate to charity and send flowers to their mothers at the same time as they’re faced with big life decisions.

He was at his most inspiring when he drew on his own experiences as a graduate. He said: “If you think you have all the answers then sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you probably don’t. I used to be a bouncer in a nightclub and a snowboard instructor. The last thing I expected to be was a politician.

“There is no right path, there is only your path. Think boldly, but most importantly, don’t settle.”

He ended his speech by saying: “Let me leave you with this, if it excites you a lot and scares you a little then you should probably do it. Be bold and brave. Class of 2017, we need you. The world needs you. Be the best versions of yourselves and make us all proud.”

We hope to see him celebrating his honorary degree tonight in Hive.