Everything that Justin Trudeau should do in Edi to celebrate his honorary degree

It would be very disappointing if he’s not in Hive

After being a surprise attendee and recipient of an honorary degree at this morning’s graduation ceremony, how should social media’s favourite world leader celebrate? He’s only here for a day so I say he should bun off meeting the Queen and celebrate his pseudo-graduation.

Get pissed in Tron before ending up in Hive

If Juz wants a degree from here, then it’d be rude for him not to go through the ritual most Edi students do at one point or another – get pissed on £1.75 pints in Tron before stumbling around the corner into Hive. Something tells me that he and Michael Trang will quickly become best buds.

Hive til 5

Have a Canadian burger in Teviot

After sitting through a graduation ceremony that dragged on a bit, Justin probably must be feeling a tad peckish. Not to worry Justin. Just steps away from McEwan Hall, he’ll be able to order himself the Canadian Burger from Teviot. Six ounces of beef topped with melted blue cheese and beer braised onions. Yum.

Re-enact the Hive proposal with his degree

A man and his future wife grabbed headlines after he got down on one knee for her in what must go down as either one of the most romantic or godawful proposals of all time. Either way, if he got the man who gave him his degree to re-enact it with him, it’d show Justin’s funny side that’s made him so endearing to people all over the world.

Credit: Andrew Perry

Gaze at the moose head in Teviot

Despite having Scottish heritage, Justin must feel a long way from home even on this special day. Five minutes spent ogling the moose head above the Teviot staircase will hopefully make him feel like he’s back in Edmonton again, and not Edinburgh. The exact purpose of Teviot’s moose head has been unclear for years, maybe it was put there in anticipation of today?

Who do you exist?

Buy a Canada Goose

Statistically speaking, 87.3 per cent of Edi students own a Canada Goose jacket. Well, it feels like that anyway. If Justin reaallly wants to fit in, then buying a £650 Canada Goose will do just that. Middle of the Summer and too sweaty to wear – not to worry. As long as you’re donning that li’l Canada Goose logo, then you’re cool.

They are everywhere!

Marry an Edi student

What’s the next big life step after graduation? That’s right, marriage. Why not kill two birds with one stone and get married here in Edinburgh too? Yes, I know he’s already married but a second wedding with a big fuck off ceilidh and Justin in a tartan kilt wouldn’t hurt anybody.

Kilts were invented for Justin Trudeau

Touch Greyfriars Bobby’s nose

If Justin Trudeau was a dog, he’d probably be the Greyfriars Bobby. Bobby supposedly spent fourteen years guarding his owner’s grave before he died himself and his statue is a tourist attraction in its own right. Loyal and revered around the world – sounds like Justin to me.

Guest appear in series two of Clique

We still don’t know whether or not there’ll be a second series of Clique, but if there is one it’d be a nice touch if Justin appeared as a special guest star. Clique’s first series was quite dark and sinister so it could really do with a bit of lighting up. I’m pretty sure nothing Justin does can appear dark and sinister – he could be the perfect tonic for the show.

Basically Justin, please stay for more than a day.