Justin Trudeau to attend Edinburgh graduation ceremony today

He’s probably come just to see you graduate

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will grace Bristo Square today as he will be attending an Edinburgh Uni graduation ceremony, the Tab has learnt. The University’s Press Office confirmed to the Tab that Trudeau, who is in Edinburgh for a meeting with the Queen, will be present at a graduation ceremony today.

Whilst the Press Office couldn’t say which ceremony Trudeau will be attending, a student has told the Tab that a member of university staff confirmed to them that Trudeau will be attending the School of Social and Political Science graduation ceremony at 11am.

The graduation ceremony will take place at the newly opened McEwan Hall.

As well as being the graduation ceremony for students from the School of Social and Political Science, an honorary degree will be awarded to Social Bite co-founder Josh Littlejohn. Social Bite is a social enterprise where a quarter of its staff are formerly homeless and has managed to attract famous supporters such as George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio to visit its Edinburgh shop.

Leo at Social Bite in Edinburgh last year.

The Press Office could not comment on whether Trudeau will also be receiving an honorary degree.