Barack Obama is coming to Edinburgh TODAY

Look busy

Barack Obama will be visiting Edinburgh today and will be speaking at an event for philanthropy and business leaders at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre near Lothian Road.

Sir Tom Hunter, founder of The Hunter Foundation which will be hosting the event, told Edinburgh Evening News: “From the South Side of Chicago to the White House has been an epic, historic journey and it will be a true honour to hear that story from the man who made that journey.

"We are both truly proud and delighted to be hosting the 44th President of the United States in Scotland at this event.”

The event will be raising money and spreading the donations across several children's charities, as well as the Obama Foundation. Tickets for a table of 10 at the event are said to have cost about £5,000. Entry will have likely been difficult to attain, but The Hunter Foundation are giving away a free table to a secondary school.

Tennent’s Lager also awaits the arrival of former US President Barack Obama to Edinburgh. The brand have taken over the city centre spreading their “Yes T Can” message, of course referencing Obama’s “Yes We Can” presidential election campaign.

Tennent’s have received the help of “Barack No-Bama”, on the of better Obama look-a-likes to help launch “Yes T Can”. He was going about the city yesterday campaigning encouraging people to come and celebrate his exciting arrival on today. Tennent's are encouraging the people of Edinburgh to raise a glass in celebration of his arrival, having a team out on the street as well as a huge campaign screen circulating the capital all day today with some samples of Scotland’s prized lager.

President Obama has never come to Edinburgh before and it’s unclear how long his stay will last, and just be sure to keep your eyes peeled when you are out and about, who knows you might bump into.