Edinburgh BNOC of the Year: Round 3

Turn up the heat

A TV star, an Edinburgh night life legend and two social butterflies known to many.

Ladies and gents, here’s BNOC Round 3:

Jack Alexander, Fourth year, Entrepreneurship and Innovation

Enjoy Creme Soda or Rascals? Well, thank Jack Alexander. Jack and his buddy Jono Davies run the extremely successful Creme Soda Wednesdays and Rascals Thursdays at Bourbon, two of the hottest student nights in Edinburgh.

Emily Whyte, Second year, Zoology

Social secretary for the Sailing Club, brand ambassador for Jägermeister and OTC stalwart. She hosts events like the rowdy and raucous Sailing Club boat party, to more refined and sophisticated occasions such as cocktail tastings and black tie dinners. However, if you have ever indulged in cheesy music, fancy dress, Jägermeister, attended a sailing or OTC event, ventured as far as KB, or even just been to school or done any outdoor activity in Scotland, you’ve most likely encountered this wonderful wee Glaswegian.

Tom Greenstein, Second year, Maths

Tom’s made a late bid for BNOC-dom, recently leaping to Jeremy Corbyn’s defence in an episode of Question Time. What screams BNOC more than telling David Dimbleby how it is?

Abi Nkrumah, Second year, History

Former ‘Queen of Pollock’, Abi has amassed a great following of fans, admirers and friends. She’s not just famous, she likes to have a drink too – after the History Ball last year she locked herself out of her flat, fell asleep on her stairwell for three hours and then got very angry with her flat mates for not having been in. She also allegedly invented the word ‘boujee’- never has anyone said it or be it so much.