Edinburgh BNOC of the Year: Round 2

With great power comes great responsibility

The competition is stepping up a notch this week with four genuine BNOCs all in contention this round. Who deserves the crown the most?

Bobi Archer, Fourth year, Maths

Bobi is the former convenor for the Maths school, treasurer of the Clay Shooting Club and freshly elected EUSA VP Education – Bobi certainly keeps herself busy. She has friends all over the university – to walk with her across Central is to experience the life of a paparazzi-ridden celeb. According to her nominee: “our gregarious Geordie demands a spot on the BNOC wall of fame.”

Kevin Field, Third year, Sports Science

Kevin is a former Hong Kong Under-20 rugby international, and the life an soul of parties and nights out. He splits his time between the fourth floor of the library and Why Not. You can never walk around campus without him bumping into people and having to “bear with” while he chats to them. He’s a renowned cook amongst his close friends and even made it onto the official Hong Kong rugby 7s promotional video

Esme Allman, Second year, History

Esme has made a name for herself by being this year’s EUSA BME convenor as well as performing in Bedlam’s play ‘Closer’. She also modelled for the Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show, is known for being incredibly friendly and basically knows half the people who go to Edinburgh.

Charles Berg, First year, Business

Co-founder of Juju Mondays at Opal alongside Joe Kleeman. The pair managed to attract big names such as Footsie from Newham Generals and Big Narstie to Edinburgh. Charles is known for always knowing the best place to go out on any given night. He can apparently get you in anywhere you want for free – a true trait of the archetypal Pollock BNOC.