The first trailer for Scottish university BBC drama ‘Clique’ is here

Sadly Hive was not to be seen

The first trailer for the new BBC Three drama ‘Clique’ has been released.

The series, which starts on 5th March, consists of six 45-minute episodes and was written by Jamie Brittain, the Scottish writer of Skins.

Set at a university in Scotland, the drama will follow freshers and hometown friends, Georgia and Holly, as they enrol on the same business course and become involved with an elite ‘clique.’

The trailer, which asks viewers ‘Do you have what it takes?’, features Louise Brealey, who plays Molly in BBC’s Sherlock, as the girls sinister economic lecturer, Jude McDermid.

In a chilling voice over, she says: “You already know you have got what it takes. Now you have an opportunity to prove it. We are creating a world where you can be the boss, not a victim. Do you have what it takes? Show me.”

According to writer, Jamie Brittain: “It’s about the different ways ambition plays out in young women at university, but it also goes to pretty dark places, having the characteristics of a psychological thriller”.

Watch the trailer below:

Clique – starts 5 March

Ambition. Passion. Determination. New BBC Three thriller 'Clique' starts Sun 5 March. ?

Posted by BBC on Friday, February 24, 2017