Edinburgh’s Messiest Room: Round 2

Vote for the worst one – name and shame time

Valentine’s day is over. Now you need to tidy up those empty boxes of chocolate. Otherwise, you may get nominated.

Remember, the winner gets their whole flat professionally cleaned for free by Helping Hand.

Here are the nominations:

Logan

‘This is Logan’s room, he hasn’t put sheets on the bed since he moved in back in September, and we are pretty sure the smell of chicken will never ever leave that room.

“Every time he does a load of washing it gets dumped onto the existing floordrobe, and we never understand how he does so much laundry (or sleeps in this cave!) because one man cannot possibly wear that many outfits. 

“I challenge you to find another room as disgusting and staaaanky as this safety hazard!”

Challenge accepted.

Ewan’s flatmate

“As there are two of us living in our flat we both refuse to do any cleaning because we don’t have the skill set for such a task. It has got to the point that instead of cleaning bowls or plates my flat mate just buys new ones. Dunno why but the flat has a mystery smell either from the bin, toilet, the mouldy food, cheap deodorant or cigarettes.”

Could be a mix of all the above?

Rachael’s flatmate

“Messy. One word not nearly descriptive enough to explain the state of our computer scientist flatmate’s bedroom.

“The mess speaks for itself but the smell can only be left to your imagination. Imagine the musk of a teen who hasn’t washed in days, hasn’t changed their bedding since moving into the flat in July, left half dried clothes in a heap on the floor and the odour of food that has been rotting away under the bed for far too long. This will give you an insight as to what you may be in for. 

“Please help us. And him. It cannot be good for his health. If anything having the cleaners round might encourage him to leave this hell hole of a room for an hour or two.”

At least he attempted to do some laundry.

Liam

‘This is my flatmate Liam’s room. Lived with him in halls in first year and he’s always had a messy room, but I’m sure he’s got worse this year. He legit uses a bowl, piles them up in his room then eventually brings them out when we run out and have to force him. I had to take multiple photos in order to capture the full aesthetic.”

What’s that loo roll for Liam?

Damon

“Our flatmate Damon Little’s room on a relatively tidy day. Even though he managed to completely fill one black bin bag, his room still looks like a bomb site. I guess the bin bag is a start. And don’t even get me started on what’s underneath the bed.”

There’s still time to nominate one of your mates for the messiest room. Email [email protected] with your submission.