We want you to write for The Tab Edinburgh this year

Don’t hate us cos you ain’t us

The Tab Edinburgh is looking for writers to join our growing team.

No journalism experience is required, and whether you study Engineering, Linguistics or Philosophy, as long as you want to write, we want you.

Whether it’s breaking news, investigative journalism, experience pieces, features, street styles, or there’s just something annoying you that you really want to get off your chest, you write what you want.

It doesn’t matter if you want to pursue journalism after university or not, Tab Edinburgh is a great place to make friends, attend legendary socials and get your work out there.

And if you are interested in pursuing a journalism career, The Tab Edinburgh is the place to be. Through us you’ll have the option of writing for The Tab’s verticals including Babe, one of the biggest women’s websites on the Internet.

Plus, you’ll be working amongst student journalists who’ve broken exclusives, written viral pieces, and been quoted in The Guardian, Telegraph, Independent and Buzzfeed, to name but a few.

Here’s what some of our writers had to say:

Yas Rana, Editor

“Joining the Tab has been the best decision I’ve made at uni. Our socials are fantastic, we’re great friends and it’s an opportunity to be at the heart of what’s going at Edinburgh. I’ve had opportunities to write for publications such as the Guardian – something that I wouldn’t have been able to do without the Tab.”

Helena Davidson, Argument Editor

“Writing for the Tab has been a great platform to learn about journalism and write articles on a nationwide platform and it means you’re always the first to hear the latest campus news. Plus everyone gets on so well and we always have a laugh, especially at socials, which I live for.”

If you want to start writing for us, come to our open meeting at 4pm on Wednesday 13th in Room 2.301 of 7 Bristo Square. If you can’t make the meeting but would still like to write for us, message our Facebook page or email [email protected].