Edinburgh is one of the worst unis in the country for student experience

The Good University Guide found that nearly a fifth of students didn’t enjoy the uni life

Edinburgh has been ranked as the eleventh worst university for student experience, with nearly a fifth of students saying that they weren’t enjoying their time at the university.

Only 82.4 per cent of Edinburgh students said that they were enjoying their time at university, meaning just under a quarter of students weren’t satisfied with the uni experience. The rankings were part of the The Times’ Good University Guide, which rates universities according to their quality of research and teaching, graduate prospects and entry standards.

Student experience includes all aspects of university life, such as academic, social, welfare and the support offered. It is measured based on the percentage of positive responses that students gave according to the 2016 National Student Survey. The University of Brighton was ranked as the tenth worst university for student experience and Leeds Trinity came in twelfth.

LSE was in last place with 73.1 per cent of students answering that they enjoyed student life. You can check out the rankings in full on the Good University Guide here.