BNOC of the year’s £350 illegal swegway breaks within a week

The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long

A couple of weeks ago Bart told you how he bought a £350 swegway the day they before they became illegal.

Less than a month later, his flatmates have broken it and Bart has now bought another one.

Gutted

Bart told us his devastating experience : “I was woken rudely at half past one on the Tuesday afternoon, less than a week after I’d bought the swegway, by my housemates who told me that there’d been an unfortunate accident.

“This ‘accident’ transpired to have been multiple people trying to ride the it at the same time.”

At first he thought his flatmates were joking, but quickly realised that this was no laughing matter. He said: “It’s painful going over it again but from what they’ve told me, Ed and David tried to stand on one wheel each and the swegway buckled down the middle.

“They literally broke its spine.”

He was once so happy

Describing how he felt, Bart said : “I was angry, confused and pretty devastated and it took me a long time to get over its untimely demise but a replacement is due any day now.”

Spending £700 on illegal swegways is exactly what got him voted the 2015 Edinburgh BNOC.Keep doing your thing Bart.