A magazine no one’s heard of said we’re the best uni for Mountain Biking

You’ll never be short of a ‘riding buddy’ here

A magazine dedicated to inspiring “adventurous women” has dubbed Edinburgh the best university in the UK for mountain biking.

According to the indisputable authority of Cooler magazine, Edinburgh University is the best in the country for mountain biking and attending our fine institution will make sure you’re never “short of riding buddies.”

If the incredibly modest title of the magazine isn’t enough to put off readers, the completely serious use of the phrase ‘riding buddies’ will surely send them for the hills and no, we won’t be riding mountain bikes.

ok then

People that actually study at Edinburgh didn’t seem convinced. Martine, an English and Scottish Literature third year said:”If Bristo Square was full of mountain bikers instead of skateboarders I’d think I was still drunk from the night before”

It’s pretty well known that if Edinburgh had to be associated with a sport, said activity would come with four wheels and a board.

There must be some people who enjoy mountain biking in Edinburgh, after all it does boast an extremely steep arduous volcano, but Edinburgh freshers will be hard pressed to remember the last time they saw someone pedalling as if their life depended on it.

Their other groundbreaking work

Maybe I’ve missed the hoards of people cycling up the Playfair steps for a challenge and the masses tackling Arthur’s Seat by bike, or maybe Cooler is just making things up.

Other informative works by the online paper include articles such as :”This woman has the most amazing rainbow hair, but what sport does she do?” and “What’s it like to go surfing after you’ve had a boob job”, leaving many to consider it’s relevance to the real world.

Besides, anyone that seems to think Edinburgh and Herriot-Watt are the same university has already lost the respect of both sets of students.