Classic fresher GoT fans rebuild Iron Throne out of beer cans

Your beer will turn to ashes in your mouth

When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. 

Since Season One, we have seen countless attempts to seize the Iron Throne by brutal sword and by vicious scheme.

Now two Chancellor’s Court freshers have taken the coveted seat of the Seven Kingdoms in the most classic way possible – they have built their own out of empty cans of beer.

Their own Iron Throne, taped together with 206 downed cans of Guinness, Tennent’s, Carslberg and Stella Artois, took six months and a lot of determination to construct.

All hail Fresher international businessman Aayush Goyal, 18, and fresher physicist Brennan Abanades, 19, of the House Chancellor, First of Their Names, Kings of the Andals and the First Men and Lords of the Seven Kingdoms: long may they reign.

Explaining how they made the Iron Beer Throne, Aayush said: “We couldn’t tape the base of the throne but everything else is taped together, there’s also a full can for the king to drink from.”

Although the two friends are flat-sharing together in second year, they have no way to store the glorious throne, so they have to destroy it and try again next year.

Here’s to a bigger and better throne next year, boys.