We asked you if you care about the elections

A surprising amount of you do

Election results are just round the corner.

Banners and posters are everywhere and you can’t walk around without being handed a flyer.

But do students really care?

Naomi, fourth year, International Relations

“I think it’s important to hear their voices and see what their policies are, because that will make the difference. I know concrete changes have been made in the past.”

Emmett, fourth year, English Literature

“Yes the elections matter. Because students really do get a say. It leads to good change. I don’t understand people who don’t vote and who don’t think change can happen.”

Ariel, fourth year, English Literature 

“I don’t care to be honest. The election doesn’t affect my life. I also find some of EUSA’s policies alienating.”

Isha, fourth year, Economic History and Politics 

“Of course the elections are important. Because university is about the student experience and ultimately it’s us who have to make a difference about how it’s shaped.”

Bryce, Masters, English Literature

“I am not paying attention to the elections this year. My friends aren’t running and I’ve got my dissertation to work on so I don’t have the time.”

Imaan, fourth year, Law 

“No I don’t care about the elections. Because those elected do not follow through on commitment. But I will still be voting, as I still have hope for change.”

Aidan, Masters, US Literature

“It’s not that I am disinterested in the university politics but I find myself disconnected from EUSA and the role it plays- apart from providing cheaper food at Teviot.”

Anna, second yea, Biology

“I care about the EUSA elections. I think having a voice is important and you shouldn’t let it go to waste.”