Revealed: Tops off for Medics Reveal 2015

They’re smart and pretty

It’s finally here, ladies and gentlemen.

This Friday (13th) is the only time of year where Edinburgh University’s braniacs take a night off from studying to show us that they’re a lot more than just academics.

Set up last year, Medics Reveal is our very own Dirty Dancing charity event, set up in order to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust.

As you can see, these medics don’t mess about, as Catherine, dancer and committee member says: “It’s sexy, for a good cause and just good fun.”

The show consists of 14 Acts, with 170 different dancers performing to a variety of different music genres, ranging from swing to burlesque to salsa.

Last year the show raised an astonishing £7000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust, completely smashing their estimations of £3000.

Ladies

When asked what made the show so popular committee member, George  said: “People love getting their clothes off for charity and people love giving to charity by watching people take their clothes off.”

Trinny, a dancer said: “Because it’s for charity and people get naked, everyone loves a bit of flesh.”

Saucy

We asked what act the public should look out for. Dancer Chris said: “The finale, good fun, pretty dirty and funny.”

And there will be plenty of nakedness again this year from the boys. Trinny and Nadia said: “The medic rugby boys one, because its lots of naked rugby boys, of course.”

Oop

In regard to the rehearsals, Kathryn, a dancer said: “Well the boys have all been going to the gym and sauna together, hitting the sun beds regularly. They all fancy each other really.”

Homoerotic themes aside, this shows a true dedication to charity.

Nice carpet

“It’s flirty and fun, you can’t take it too seriously.”

Champagne time

Yet, despite the silly nature of it all, they’re looking to be raising an astounding £10,000 this year as tickets are selling out fast.

Chris said: “It was a huge surprise to us all, just how fast the tickets were selling and the amount of support that we received. It’s amazing how much money we’re able to raise for charity, just by doing something pretty enjoyable.”

Not even full costume

If you’re a fan of attractive girls in suspenders, buff medic rugby boys or just generally want to support Teenage Cancer Trust, then head on over to EUSA’s website to buy yourself a ticket.

Also, there’s meant to be an after-party if you want to meet your favourite naked medic.