We asked students to show us their teenage diaries

And the results are just as mortifying as you would expect

diary teenage

Our teenage years are widely recognised as the most embarrassing of our lives.

Luckily, some of us documented it all.

From boy troubles, to Bieber Fever, 13-year-old girls experience every emotion under the spectrum.

So, in a blur of VK, Smirnoff Ice and “snogging”, we present, entries from Edinburgh’s very own student confessionals.

Charming.

Girl One: Second year, Languages

LIfe goals

Armed with an incredibly unrealistic fake ID, our first student, 16 at the time of writing, sets out in a WKD haze to get off with exactly one boy, and to make more friends.

isn’t life hard…

A year later, she moves her focus onto getting a “hot, muscly boyfriend, preferably on a rugby team”. Rumour has it this still hasn’t happened.

A regular Bridget Jones

Soft core porn

In possibly the cringiest “dear diary” ever written, Student 1 laments her lack of boyfriend and swears she will “die from the lack of feeling someone’s lips on mine”. Someone call the love doctor.

Girl Two: Third year, Geography

“I chased him round with the camera and he was laughing lots, it was very cute.

“I checked his horoscope and it said romance is blossoming and he will explore new communications and make better friends!!!!!!”

Girl Three: First year, History

OMG

After spending a few hours crying at a party over her teenage insecurity, Student 3’s friend takes a sadistic amount of pleasure in watching her friend get vommed on. LOL.

Will she ever get over this?

Blates messing around: Student 3 is accused of bullying after telling her friend he has a “tiny dick”.

But all you need is love

Really, all she wants is a good hug.

Girl Four: Second year, Geography

Shameful

Student 4 is a true Belieber.

Girl Five: First year, Classics

Nice use of the word Ballistic

Cleaner probs: So Edinbrah.

Girl Six: Second year, International Relations

Meet cute from hell

She nearly slipped on orange juice and fell into his arms. It could have played out like a Hugh Grant movie. It didn’t.

So, if you have your own embarrassing diaries – suck it up and read them.

You will nott only be dragging all your skeletons out of the closet, but also every ounce of self-respect and dignity that you have.

It’s quite funny though.