Why Not evacuation ‘horribly managed’ after fire alarm

Why Not just give up already

Innocent clubbers were left out in the cold after a fire alarm at Why Not early this morning.

whoop whoop

Chaos ensued when the fire alarm went off at around 1:50 am.

One fresher, Georgie, said: “I was near the exit so I left quickly, but then it was freezing so I went back to get my coat.

“When I went back in I couldn’t get out for twenty minutes.”

And some even ended up jumping over the gates in the smokers area to avoid waiting in the massive queue to leave the building.

those spikes do not look comfortable

Once out of the building, there was pushing and shoving outside. Punters fumed over on Yik Yak about how the situation was managed.

One user said: “It was horribly managed and I’m sure in a real emergency someone would have died.

“To be fair the fire alarm wasn’t their fault but how terribly it was dealt with was their problem.”

Another user complained of people being “crushed” in the crowd. They said: “No one knew what was going on. it wouldn’t take much for someone to get seriously injured.”

A spokesperson for Why Not said: “We think we may be the victims of foul play.

“When you have to evacuate a premise at full capacity it’s never an easy task to manage. A big number of people have to move areas in quick succession.

“We’re sorry to hear people think it wasn’t managed well but it wasn’t a situation we ever imagined ourselves in.

“We just want it behind us and look forward to next Monday night.”

cheeky