Edinburgh Student in the final for £30,000 party at Teviot

Edinburgh Student Alex Rata has made it to the final 10 in the Red Bull Night Master competition to win a £30,000 night out at Teviot!

An Edinburgh student is set to land a £30,000 party at Teviot after entering a Red Bull competition.

The Red Bull Night Master competition asked entrants to describe their idea for the ultimate party in just 150 words to win their dream party and a budget of £30,000.

The competition has been narrowed down to 10 finalists and Edinburgh’s  Alex Rata made it into the shortlist with his unique idea which he wrote about in his entry: “Guests will be taken to a lost perception of time. Set in Teviot, the oldest purpose built SU in the UK, revellers will be transported to a place where day could be night, the past could be the present and the future could have already been.

“With three main spaces and a plethora of small rooms waiting to be discovered, it will be a fully immersive experience. DJs who are known as ‘selectors’ playing extended sets, interactive art and video mapping, the taste of Red Bull and even some smell engineering in rooms will enthrall the senses. The building will be heavily themed, with specific areas and a general ‘computer malfunction’ theme running throughout.”

Will Teviot become the venue for the “computer malfunction” themed night?

Alex’s entry is the only one from a Scottish University to make it to the final but he’s up against some stiff competition. Emma Gregory from Durham Uni made it to the final with her idea for recreation of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe night which planned to transport guests to Narnia while Charlie Silva from Loughburgh Uni wants to transfer his Uni’s Beach Volleyball courts into an island paradise.

Alex is a fouth year maths student

The Tab spoke to Alex who told us he thought having a party at the Union would be fun and as, “something different to the big cheese”. He shared his inspiration for the idea,  “the best parties I’ve been to are where you completely lose track of time, where it could be midnight or 6am, it doesn’t matter. Parties where everyone is completely in the moment. The idea is just an extension of that, trying to loose a perception of time.”

There’s only 6 days until the winner is announced so to see Alex Win and turn Teviot turned into a Dystopian Disco click here.