The Tab’s Guide to Edinburgh’s Best Hangover Cures

The Tab’s guide on how to relieve and cure those hangovers.

We’ve come up with some of the best, mostly edible, solutions to help you wash away both the physical and emotional pain of the night before.

Pollock Brunch

Buffet heaven.

Any current or former Pollock resident will agree that there is no better way to (begrudgingly) wake up on a Saturday or Sunday morning. With an endless supply of fried goods waiting patiently for you, Pollock brunch is the answer to all your alcohol-poisoned dreams. Better still; take a wee break after breakfast and return to the wrap and salad bar for round two. And don’t worry if you don’t live in Pollock, just buy a meal token and you too can live the dream.

Kilimanjaro Coffee

The Ultimate Scottish Breakfast.

Kilimanjaro has a breakfast to rival Pollock Halls. Simply named the Kilimanjaro breakfast, it is at Scottish breakfast feast at its best with all the usual favourites topped off with a patriotic side of haggis. Apparently served best with an Americano and a side helping of shame.

Snax Café

All your greasy faves under one roof.

In echo of the previous two, all of your favourite fried hangover cravings can be found here in this haven of a greasy spoon, be that breakfast, lunch, dinner or all of the above. Never will you meet someone who doesn’t sing its praises and now that Snax do delivery, you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home to say hasta la vista to the hangover from hell.

The Brass Monkey

Hair of the dog?

If food isn’t the thing you tend to turn to post-debauchery, fear not. We know that the hair of the dog method is a widely acknowledged cure and at the Brass Monkey you can take this approach with minimal effort. Relax with a (half) pint and watch a film with showings each day at 3pm.

Arthur’s Seat

Whilst exercise is probably the last thing on any of our minds after an evening of excessive alcohol consumption, it can’t be denied that a climb up Arthur’s seat not only helps to sweat out the remainder of last night but also gives us a great big dollop of God’s natural medication: FRESH AIR. Honestly, try it. You’ll be feeling good as new when you reach the bottom. And pretty damn proud too.

Just breathtaking.

(note: for those who aren’t quite up for this challenge, there’s always Calton Hill.)

And finally, if none of these have tickled your fancy, well there’s always the consolation that you’re happily tucked up in your bed, laughing at the outrageous photos from the night before, whilst some of your nearest and dearest have had to make the excruciating trek to King’s Buildings for a heavy 9-5 session. “What hangover?” I now here you ask.