Princess Anne receives mixed opinions

Royal riot kicks off on South Bridge.

Two Edinburgh students were arrested during a security crackdown at Old College during the visit of Princess Anne on Tuesday afternoon, a visit that was described by another Edinburgh student as “pretty dull”.

South Bridge, usually the home of the eternal scaffolding surrounding Biblos, became a warzone as Hona-Luisa Cohen-Fuentes (bit of a tongue twister)  and Euan Kidston, both students at Edinburgh, were ejected from Old College as they were peacefully trying to work.

Princess Anne, looking fairly unamused.

They were removed on a safety sweep ahead of the Princess’ visit. The pair were cuffed and incarcerated for a reported six hours.

Cohen-Fuentes complained that Princess Anne should not be given so much “privilege and priority”, a seemingly absurd point given that is all that being royal entails.

Mila Kunis, real name Milena Markovna Kunis, has a name almost as complicated as the Edinburgh student who got arrested on Tuesday.

A police spokesman said: “The two students were in an area they shouldn’t have been in. When officers were satisfied of their intentions they were released without charge.”

In her first visit to the uni in her capacity as Chancellor, the Princess toured around both Old and New College in a myriad of small talk and pleasantries.

Her visit to New College Library, which your Tab reporter was present for, barely raised heads though, as librarians showed the Princess a ream of boring, old documents.

New College Library, where the Princess and students alike were bored.

“We didn’t have much to talk about”

One student who was waiting in the courtyard, complained about the intense stares she was receiving from the security present. Another spoke of his boring conversation with the Princess, although Dr Paul Foster of the School of Divinity said “the day ran incredibly smoothly”.

Dr Paul Foster, who thought the visit went well.

Paul obviously not paying too much attention then.