Edinburgh’s Hunks and Hunnies

The official list of Edinburgh University’s yummiest alumni.

We’ve all heard about the great academic minds that have come from our Uni, but what about the talent? We’ve checked out the huge list of well-known faces that have studied at Edinburgh and come up with the top 5 fittest guys and gals.

The Hunks

5) James Middleton

Studied: Environmental Resource Management

Profession: Businessman

Best features: Dark curls and well-groomed eyebrows

The Middletons are known to be a good looking bunch and the youngest of the family is no exception. He has been known to sport a beard (which we’re not quite sure if we like) but his classic good looks can’t be denied. We like this royal dreamboat.

4) Iain Stirling

Studied: Law

Profession: Comedian and presenter

Best Features: Boyish charm and comedy ability

This cheeky chap made a trip home over the summer to take part in his very own Fringe show: “Iain Stirling: At home” and we weren’t opposed to seeing his face plastered around the city. He’s been labelled as a “hottest newcomer” by the Scotsman and we’re agreeing about his hotness. Have a wee chuckle at him on Russell Howard’s Good News here.

3) Chris Hoy

Studied: Applied Sports Science

Profession: The most successful Olympic cyclist of all time (no biggie)

Best Features: Those legs….

There’s no denying that Hoy makes us a bit hot under the collar, especially when he’s winning medals (which he does a lot of), and Edinburgh’s very own down-to-earth champion manages to grab a respectable bronze with third place on our Hunk list.

2)  Simon Taylor

Studied: Computing (we think)

Profession: National and international Rugby Player and businessman

Best Features: Arms of steel

Sitting at second place spot is Simon Taylor, an Edinburgh boy through and through who started his career by playing for the city team and making his way up to rugby stardom. He also co-owns a number of bars across the city.  We wouldn’t mind getting down and dirty with him… on the pitch of course.

1) Ed Stoppard

Studied: French

Profession: Actor

Best features: Smouldering eyes and a jaw that could cut ice

Ed is best known for his role in Upstairs Downstairs but has also acted in a number of Hollywood films. We’re a big fan of the “tall dark and handsome” look that he’s rocking and we wish all of our lecturers had a voice like his… it would definitely make them more enjoyable. He swoops into first place.

The Hunnies

5) Kirsty McCabe

Studied: Geophysics

Profession: Weather Presenter

Best Features: Classic good looks

Kirsty has been the weather girl on GMTV, Reporting Scotland and currently Channel 5 News and for a second-time mum she’s looking fab. She lands a place at number 5 on our list of Hunnies.

4) JK Rowling

Studied: French and Classics

Profession: Best-selling author

Best Features: Being perfect

She created pumpkin pasties, potions and Potter and was the first author to become a millionaire from book-sales. Although she didn’t study at Edinburgh, she’s given a substantial amount of money to Edinburgh Uni for a Centre for Regenerative Medicine as part of her philanthropic work with multiple sclerosis so we think she deserves to be on the list. There’s no denying our love for her and the magic she created, but she’s also a total babe. Go JK.

3) Gemma Gibbons

Studied: Has deferred her post graduate teaching degree to focus on Rio 2016

Profession: Judo Champion

Best Features: Blonde bombshell and could have you flat on your back in seconds.

Our student-to-be Gemma manages to kick ass on the mat and look incredible while she does it. We’re looking forward to her coming to the uni in the future but for now she sits at number three as a fitness fittie.

2) Elize Du Toit

Studied: History

Profession: Actress

Best Features: Incredible body

We’re not saying she became a star at Edinburgh but we think her acting with Edinburgh University Theatre Company contributed a lot to her role in Skyfall. She’s also acted in a number of soaps including Hollyoaks and Corrie. This alumni takes a second place, she’s a definite Bond girl.

1) Pippa Middleton

Studied: English Lit

Profession: Events manager, writer and royal socialite.

Best Features: Her world-famous bum has to get a mention

She’s the second Middleton to grace our list, this time taking the top spot. While at Edinburgh she lived with an Earl and a Lord. The little sister of the Duchess of Cambridge is known worldwide for being a babe and we’re not disagreeing.