Singletons of the Week

New Singletons of the Week column, by Occy Carr, Phoebe Hainsworth and Olivia Jackson, picks out Edinburgh’s top totty.

As three single 2nd years, we really felt that action needed to taken in our search for love. In joining The Tab, we have killed two birds with one stone; we look proactive and have something to put on the CV, whilst simultaneously being given the perfect alibi to approach anyone that takes our fancy.

We have decided that for all you fellow singletons, we will make your hunt (and ours) for the perfect partner that little bit easier. This weekly column will provide you with a selection of the university’s top talent. If anyone catches your eye drop us an email at [email protected] and we’ll do our best in playing cupid. Happy stalking!

Guy:

NameRobbie

Year of Study2nd

DegreeFrench and German

Describe yourself in 3 wordsEnergetic, cheerful and…I’m not sure.

Ideal partnerWoah this is really deep… I would probably say… I won’t be a douche. Intelligent and active as well.

Favourite cheese and whyI would say Stilton, I’m from Leicester and that’s where it comes from so it reminds me of home (This is super cute….keeper).

If you were a superhero what power would you have? – I’d like to be able to read minds.

Would you rather:

Have Wotsit fingers or sweat mayonnaise?Definitely Wotsits for fingers if they grow back… then I can just bite my fingers.

Be sexually attracted to fruit or not be able to tell the difference between babies and muffins? – Definitely the fruit thing because I don’t want to eat any babies.

Word Association:

Banana – yellow

Whipped Cream – …oh!

Panda – bear

Syria – war

Big Cheese – ummm, fun?

Finish this sentence:

It is a truth universally acknowledged that…   – (loses interest)… oh, sorry I just saw a friend.  Hey Onion!

Singleton Summary: Robbie was scoring top marks until the end. Loses interest quickly… maybe wouldn’t make the most attentive of boyfriends.

Gal:

Name – Anya

Year of Study – 1st

Degree – History

Describe yourself in 3 words –  Gentle but with a bite (not 3 words, but we felt this answer justified the extra 2).

Ideal partner – skinny, big head, blonde (whatever floats your boat).

Favourite cheese and why – Philadelphia, ‘cos it’s creamy.

If you were a superhero, what power would you have? – See through things, especially clothes.

Would you rather:

Have Wotsits for fingers or sweat mayonnaise? – Wotsits. I hate mayonnaise.

Be sexually attracted to fruit or not be able to tell the difference between babies and muffins? – sexually attracted to fruit.

Word association:

Banana – yellow

Whipped Cream – white

Panda – sink (wtf)

Syria – Arabic

Big Cheese – Philadelphia (she has so much to learn).

Finish this sentence:

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that… – you should never trust an Arabic man. It’s ok, I’m Arabic.

Singleton summary: Despite her appalling knowledge of the best nights out in Edinburgh (she has only been here two weeks so we’ll cut her some slack) and her lack of appreciation for any men of similar ethnic descent, we are big fans of Anya.