Unii: the new social media site exclusive to students

The new social media site that everyone will be talking about.

Presenting ‘Unii’, the new student social media site. Facebook will never be the same…

Is there a worse Facebook (facebook-faux-pas) than having your mum, dad and great aunt Susie tuned into your newsfeed? Be it lengthy comments on every status you put up, liking all the photos you’re tagged in or phoning you up in a panic when your flatmate thinks it’s funny to post a “having a baby” update while you nip to the toilet, you immediately regret accepting their friend request.

My Dad’s famous for his “funny” comments.

Research shows that 54% of mums and 56% of dads admit to snooping on their child’s Facebook page. A quarter of them admit to being concerned about seeing pictures of their child drunk online. While my Dad is practically a celebrity with my Facebook friends for his witty comments (and threats to post baby photos), the idea of a social media site exclusive to students comes as a welcome escape.

“What happens at uni, stays at Unii”

New social media site, “Unii” provides exactly that. You have to have a student email account to sign up making it exclusive to Uni students. Unii has a number of features: you can make a profile and connect with other students, societies can create group pages and committees can use these groups to distribute information to its members. Next month will also see the start of a Jobs Board allowing employers to target students and graduates-to-be to fill positions.

The site is user-friendly and doesn’t require too much info to sign up. It takes you through each step to build your profile and personalise it with photos. Unii also allows you to select how and to whom you want to share your posts.

With thousands of students signing up every day, it’s obvious there’s a lot to come from these guys in the future so hop on the bandwagon or just have a nosey around online at Unii.com

Also, for a bit of fun the guys at “Team Unii” have put together a video on “How to be a 5* Bellend” which is worth a watch and can be personalised with a photo of your favourite university LAD at the end. You can see the video here.