Top tips for looking good in the game.
You may think that rugby players are not very fashion conscious. Well, you’d be wrong. The Edinburgh 2s reveal the top tips for looking dapper on (and off) the pitch:
• Socks – up
• Shorts – not too tight (alas, ladies). Need some movement but you also want “to fill them.” No under shorts, at least so you can’t see them. Makes the leg look skinny.
• Shoes – pretty trainers make you vulnerable to attack. You need to be quick to carry them off.
• Tops – no baggy sleeves. Put the muscles on display.
• Beard – full on or not at all.
• Hair – yes to products, if you can pull them off.
Pitch side, the supporters were just as fashion savvy. The rugby boys donned their tweed jackets, tie and chino ensembles for this special occasion. Including our own Sports Editor…
And of course Bex and I were the real fashionistas:
So next time you see a rugby player in action, think about all the effort he went to. And suppose I should mention that Edinburgh beat Glasgow. Go UoE!