Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show – providing self-consciousness for the average student since 2001.

Students find themselves on parade outside the library

| UPDATED charity fashion library

Ahh the Edinburgh Library – a place of revision, reclusion, and regret.  But hey, at least it’s a place to forget about the world and focus solely on our work, right?  Think again, because the Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show (ECFS) have other things in mind.

The elaborate annual show is put on by students and features world-celebrated designers as well as some stunning student models, but instead of keeping it to the runways, they’ve decided to grace us derelict folk with their eye for fashion, and give us a stamp of approval we never asked for.

‘Approved’

If you’ve seen a bunch of guys in skinny jeans and girls in over-sized jackets having their photos taken and wondered why, look no further, as we’ve found the culprits.  The ECFS ‘Caught On Campus’ campaign allegedly seeks out our best dressed library goers and surprises them with a photo and a feature on their Facebook page.

I mean, in addition to the already agonizing stay in the library, who doesn’t love a bit of passive judgement?  Effectively, if you make it into the library uninterrupted, it means you’ve got shit clothes.  As I was walking by, one of the people actually asked for a photo, only for her colleague to take one look at me and my jumper, shake her head disapprovingly and wave me along.  I was one of the shit clothes cases.

Disbelief

I was baffled, hurt, lost. I’m sorry, but what is wrong with this jumper? Apart from the person wearing it, seriously, what is wrong with this jumper?  More importantly, how does DJ Legolas get picked and not me?

All that said, and QUESTIONABLE fashion senses aside, the ECFS is actually one of the most successful student-run charity fashion shows in all of Europe, with proceeds going to Cancer Support Scotland and The Sandpiper Trust.  Somehow, even in my absence, they are carrying on THIS Saturday at Assembly Rooms, George Street, followed by a truly unique after-party (DJ Legolas dropping some funky beats?).  While you won’t see any bright green jumpers strutting around, whether it’s for the fashion (or for the models), or for a night apart from the rest, the show is a year-in-year-out success and well worth it.

Buy your tickets here: https://www.eventelephant.com/ee/bookings/tickets/index.htm?siteurl=edinburghcharityfashionshow