Durham’s best dressed of the week

They look so good you feel inadequate

With the Met Gala taking New York by storm on Monday, it was only natural that we checked out who was setting the bar for Durham’s fashion scene this week. With the unpredictable weather conditions of Durham, can we truly dress appropriately for the season? These stylish students have the answer:

Jason Kwan, 3rd year, Mary’s

Taking vintage to a whole new level, Jason proves that some clothes truly never go out of style, recycling his Dads shirt from the 80s. Pairing this with a long marl grey coat from BoohooMAN, he perfectly re-invents the classic floral print and creates a sophisticated everyday look.

Hattie Watson, 2nd year, Van Mildert

A casual item to turn any look into a put together outfit is a yes any day of the week. Hattie demonstrates the potential of the all-in-one outfit by wearing a black dungarees from forever 21 over a vibrant  jumper and finishing the look with an elegant pair of brogues from Sebago.

Eddie Brown, 1st year, Trev’s

Eddie proves to us all that fashion does not have to be expensive. Fully dressed in Primark’s finest he truly shows that with an eye for style an amazing outfit can be achieved even on the smallest of budgets. It’s never too early to bring out the sunnies, even if it’s just to hide the bags under your eyes from late night cramming!

Josefina, 3rd year, Mary’s

‘Orange is the new black’

A fantastic TV show… yet not so true when it comes to fashion. Black continues to be many peoples go to colour. Easy to style and easy to wear you can never go wrong with a simplistic yet timeless black combination. Josefina glams up our go to colour, with a fur coat from Topshop and dramatic statement boots from Doc Marten creating a chic style.

Gwen Jones, 1st year, Collingwood

Dressed in blue Gwen wears dark denim rolled up jeans from Urban Outfitters paired with statement Timberland boots to create an edgy yet comfy look. My favourite piece of Gwen’s outfit is the beautifully embroidered shirt from Topshop. From embroidered jeans to shoes, the elegant detail of this new style can bring a pretty and delicate feel to any outfit, perfect for spring.

Jack Sykes, 1st year, John’s

Always a good option, Jack wears classic black skinny’s with suede brown shows purchased from a Charity shop, proving you can find a stylish bargain anywhere. He pairs this with a beige jumper, a colour which has taken over 2017, and a green jacket from Ben Sherman.

Laura Tidd, 3rd year, Aidan’s

Wearing a retro jacket found in a charity shop, Laura combines a simple striped top and beautiful black Mom jeans from ASOS. The custom badges really make the jacket stand out, creating a unique piece and demonstrating an easy trick that anyone can use to make an item more personal.

This retro outfit is wonderfully completed with exquisite loafers from Kurt Geiger.

Dom Gommo, 1st year, Trev’s

My favourite look of this week has to be Dom Gommo’s stash masterpiece. Owning 21 pieces of Durham and college stash, Dom has described himself as a ‘Stash money’. Dom  demonstrates that when it comes to stash, there is no such thing as “too much”.

If you can manage to style yourself like Durham’s best dressed above then hats off to you and please keep inspiring us with your wardrobe choices.

However, if you’re like the rest of us, you just simply can’t be arsed. Don’t worry, we won’t judge you for dressing head to toe in stash. Embrace your inner Dom Gommo.