Durham flasher on the loose

When ‘if you’ve got it, flaunt it’ is taken too literally…

With Durham notoriously known for its population of only elderly people, students, and hundreds of cosy tea shops, tales of a flasher might come as a bit of a surprise. Sounds like someone is trying to shake up the order a bit, despite the fact that it’s hardly the time of year for shorts, never mind a total lack of clothing.

Reports of such activity have come to light from Pam Burdis, College Secretary and PA to the Principal at Josephine Butler, who reported that ‘there is a male flasher on the riverbanks’. So, next time you’re ambling along the river, it might not just be rowers that catch your eye.

Very few details are known about the location of the flashing, so stay vigilant or your average river stroll might be a little more than you bargained for, wherever you are along the banks. So far, it has been deemed that the male in question is not threatening, just maybe a little liberal, so there is unlikely to be any immediate danger.

If you see anything suspicious, or activity of the like, the police are interested so that they can ‘request him to desist’ and restore Durham to its modest self.

Should you encounter the Durham Flasher, please call 101 with any information you have.