Castle Welfare dog becomes Internet sensation

Even their dogs are better than you

You may have read about Castle’s welfare puppy, Jolene. Now it’s Blackjack’s turn to shine, having become a massive internet celebrity this past week.

Castle’s welfare dog, Blackjack, has gone viral after a photo of him looking super excited about a hotdog was featured on Facebook page, The Best of Tumblr. The post which has over 20,000 likes, has lead to the photograph of the gorgeous black lab being shared more than 30,000 times in the 3 days since it was posted on Friday.

The image that bought him fame

Comments from all over the world on the iconic image include hundreds of people declaring that’s exactly how they look at food, and tagging their pals who also love hotdogs.

One Imgur commenter described it as her “favourite post on this site”, and Blackjack’s sweet little toe beans were highly praised.

He also has his own Imgur album, ‘The Ultimate Good Boy’, featuring photos of Blackjack and his escapades, from a brush with a football net, to a snap of him looking fetching in a Harry Potter costume.

Internet sensation, Blackjack, who will be three in June, first came to Castle as a welfare dog more than two years ago in October 2013. He and Jolene are available either as a pair, or on their own, for groups or individual welfare, and provide a furry shoulder to cry on (or cuddle) for students at Durham’s University College.

The furfect doggies are ideal for cheering up students who are missing their pups, or just in need of a snuggle.

Blackjack and Jolene’s owner, Kori Lea, told The Tab: “I can’t stress enough how much I love doing Welfare, the dogs are under-utilised by students” and described the pawsome pair as “the kindest and most lovable dogs people will ever meet- the ultimate welfare team”.

The ultimate welfare team

Blackjack declined to comment on his newfound fame, although comments on the Facebook post suggest he’s also keen on garlic bread.