Stop attacking me for wearing shorts in winter

Wearing shorts out of season is A-OK

There seems to be a lot of unspoken animosity towards those who don shorts in the wintry months.

Subtle prejudice, you might call it: a silent oppression which has serious and damaging psychological effects on us winter short-wearers – such as momentarily distracting us from how sick our leg gains are.

The fact is there’s some strong reasoning behind the collective decision to bear our bare legs in these near-zero northern climes. And it’s for this self-same reason that we don’t see anyone in chino shorts – winter short-wearers are ubiquitous in adorning gym shorts.

Let’s be real. If mans goes to the gym, mans wants to wear shorts or short-shorts. For otherwise, mans cannot see the serious pump mans gets after squatting bare KGs.

Indeed, upper body gains are a myth to the people who’ve been gymming for a meagre few months. We just can’t bring ourselves to wear those stringer vests we bought, nor contemplate our dreams of singlets from which we sometimes awake in a cold sweat in the middle of the night.

But quad gains from heavy squats come hard and fast. So why blame us when we want to bare our post-gym leg pump?

Not only this, but there’s nothing worse than doing a proper workout and having to don an over-abundance of clothing for fear of the elements. Being inside is sweltering; you become a sweaty, sticky mess in mere moments

Strutting out of the gym, still in your shorts plus maybe a jumper or a jacket thrown on, however, is as refreshing as an ice-cool Kronenburg after a hard day’s manual labour on an airfield in Wales (can confirm).

Finally, and most importantly, we look sick as fuck.

Call it non-gym shaming if you will, but ultimately the only people really upset by the Adonis-legged, short-wearing lot are people who probably haven’t worked out in a while – or waste their time using the power-plate.