We asked single people what they’re doing on Valentine’s

Pornhub is getting a visit

Valentine’s Day is on Sunday and it can be a trial for anyone who is single. Normally they have to decide between Netflix or a night out with girlfriends. 

We asked what you were planning on doing.

Stephanie Halpin, 21, Third Year, Hatfield, Sociology “Meal with all my girlfriends for a friend’s birthday at Zen. But, now I’m now off to Leeds to find a boyfriend.”

Carrie Newton, 19, Fresher, Hatfield, Philosophy and Alice Atkins, 18, Fresher, Hatfield, PPE Carrie: “I’m watching a film with my bou-bous with a bottle of prosecco probably.”

Alice: “I’m just hoping that I’m one of her bou-bous.”

Nel Goddard, 21, Third Year, Cuth’s, Theology“I’m at an engagement party with a friend in the Lake District.”

Annabel Muir, 20, Fresher, Castle, Sociology“When is it? Probably playing hockey with the gals, no boys though.”

Elliot Fox, 19, Second Year, Mary’s, History and Politics“All my single friends are going for Sambuca because we need to save some money.”

Dan CR, 21, Third Year, Hatfield, English Lit“God, when is it? Oh Sunday, probably just recovering from a Newcastle hangover. Yeah and having a wank but that’s not because it’s Valentine’s Day.”

Will Osbourne, 22, Third Year, JoBo, Theology“Sunday right? Well a triathlon cycle ride, then church in the evening.”

Harriet Lewis, 21, Third Year, Grey, History of Art, English and Geography “It’s my housemate’s 21st. So just stuff for her to be honest it will be more of a brunch than a party.”

James Fayed, 22, Fourth Year, Hatfield, History IR and Arabic“Hanging out with friends and going back to Wimbledon – not to play tennis.”

Natalie Nash, 20, Fresher, Mildert, Theology“When is it? I will be going to church and setting up a marquee with my fellow Jesus lovers and singletons.”

Helena Grimmer, 22, Third Year, Grey, History of Art and English“Watching a Ryan Gosling film, probably The Notebook. Then an M&S dine in for two, but just eating it alone.”