Which Durham college is your college?

This is spooky

Ever imagined what it’d be like if your college was a college at Durham University? We certainly have!

Hatfield – Collingwood

Collingfield? Hatwood? Who cares.

Hatfield is truly the Collingwood of Durham colleges, notoriously good at sport and a penchant for red trousers Hatfield might as well have been a sports centre on a hill! Easy to hate but a powerhouse when it comes to college competitions it’s difficult not to think of Collingwood whenever you walk past Hatfield.

Trev’s – Grey

Artists impression of the personality of someone from either Grey or Trev’s

Ha! Trev’s am I right? You ever met anyone cool or memorable from Trev’s? I didn’t think so. Remind you of anyone? That’s right, another college where you have to hand your personality in at the door is Durham’s very own Grey College.

Some of the buildings at Trev’s are also grey too!!

Van Mildert – Ustinov

“Nice sculpture, Mildert” – Ustinov.

When I occasionally leave the house and walk round Durham one of the things I hear the most is people saying that Mildert is the Ustinov of Durham colleges. I don’t know what a Ustinov is but after a quick google I’m pretty sure it’s an old people’s home. And what do old people love? Feeding ducks. Probably. I’m guessing here.

Hild Bede – St Cuthbert’s Society

I’d imagine this chap goes to one of the two. I haven’t asked him but he looks like the type.

You want edgy? Look no further than St Cuth’s – even calling themselves a college is too mainstream for them. This resounding ‘fuck you’ to the man can also be heard in the hallowed halls of the college of St Hild and St Bede. Oh look, that bloke’s wearing a 90s shell suit – am I in Cuth’s or Hild Bede? Who knows? I certainly don’t.

St Chad’s – Mary’s

Unsurprisingly we couldn’t find an interesting picture of Chad’s or Mary’s – enjoy this one instead

Imagine St Chad’s was a Durham college, which Durham college do you think it would be? Named after a saint, full of wet blokes and provokes nothing but apathy in the student community: that’s right St Chad’s College is basically Mary’s. Everyone’s got a mate from there but they’re probably just a mate from your course aren’t they?

John Snow – Stephenson

This is what Stephenson actually looks like, bet you didn’t know that.

If Stephenson were a Durham college, it would be John Snow; which is weird because that’s not even really a Durham college either. They’re both on Queen’s Campus and you don’t know anyone from there – the similarities are almost endless!

University College – Castle

They even look similar

This one is helped by the fact that University College is literally a castle. Both are a little bit introverted and you probably applied but got into neither. Up there on the bailey with their smug superiority; they could hardly be more similar.