Street style: Festive fashion in Durham

We’ve found the best Christmas jumpers, is one of them yours?

Its the most wonderful time of the year, which means its also time to iron out those beautiful Christmas jumpers. We’ve hunted the streets of Durham, visiting christmas jumper socials galore to find Durham’s top festive fashionistas.

Annie, Sociology, second year, Castle 

Annie’s countdown jumper is the perfect balance of cheesy and sophisticated. Paired with red lipstick and a Denim skirt this jumper can definitely be dressed up to any festive occasion. She told us she changes the numbers every day so she can stay on Santa’s nice list. Annie, your effort and contribution to the Christmas build up is admirable.

Gwen, Music, third year, Hild Bede 

Who doesn’t love a bit of Disney to add to the festive season? Olaf is the ultimate Christmas hero, and Gwen lets him peek through her coat, showing off her statement red jumper. You’ve got the whole of Tesco craving a Frozen movie sesh.

Nadia, Nat Sci, first year, St Mary’s

Nadia’s adorable snowy sheep is a winter wardrobe staple. Its a 3D Christmas jumper that is also actually practical, unlike the offensive snowman with a 30 centimetre carrot nose jumper that threatens to knock people out at each corner you turn. Worn with classic black jeans and boots Nadia allows her Christmas jumper to be the statement of the outfit, Mr sheep is the star of the show.

Will, French and Spanish, second year, Hatfield 

This seasonal sweater is a timeless classic. The skier pattern combined with the bold red and navy creates subtle christmassy hints. We love the beanie that Will has paired with it – theres no novelty cheese here.

Harriet, Maths, first year, Hatfield 

This feminine take on the classic Rudolph jumper suits Harriet’s style. We love the Doc’s she has chosen to pair with Rudolph. All round a fab outfit with a touch of Christmas cheer.

Jimmy, Languages, second year, Castle

Jimmy’s jumper is very classically Christmas. It’s a nice tribute to the Christmas robin who so often gets left out of commercialised Christmas fashion and the red pattern backdrop is bold, but not too over the top. We like how Jimmy has paired the jumper with a shirt, promoting it to a smart casual look.

Percy, 14 Weeks Old 

We know Percy isn’t your typical Durham student, but we have a lot to learn from his Christmas style. He was strutting his stuff down Saddler Street when we spotted his Christmas patterned jumper and we just had to show the world.