Why you should join The Tab Durham next term

We had over half a million views last month

Why wouldn’t you want to write for the largest student newspaper in the country?

In November we amassed a huge 543,000 page views, making us the best Tab in the country. We regularly have articles picked up by national papers, and we have one of the most loyal readerships in the country.

Click here to sign up and start writing for The Tab Durham.

The Tab Durham takes pride in doing proper journalism. We don’t want people sitting behind their keyboards bashing away, we make you get out into the city you live in. We interact with students and find out what’s important to them.

We’re the only platform left for genuine debate at university, representing multiple viewpoints on campus.

Flo Perry, Staff Writer at Buzzfeed, former columnist at The Tab Durham

“The Tab is a unique platform for students to get their voice heard. There is no other organization offering such creative freedom with such a big audience. It was the most fun thing I did at uni, and I wouldn’t have the job I have now without it.”

Charlie Gardiner-Hill, COO of The Tab, former Durham Editor of The Tab

“The Tab gave me the chance to change the face of student journalism in Durham. They encouraged and allowed me to be entrepreneurial, hand-pick an incredible team (nearly all of whom have gone on to be professional journalists) and commission original journalism that students actually loved reading. HQ found the perfect balance between being supportive, and never encroaching upon my editorial independence – a rare experience. For fun, intensity and career opportunities – no other university experience even comes close.”